For Key Stages 3 and 4 PSHE and Citizenship students
Each section below gives an overview of the subject covered by the webpage, suggestions for
extension work and links to resources - activities and a Worksheet – for use in the classroom
or as homework.
Sections can be used individually, or linked together to form a programme of lessons on teen
Click a section below.
» The Feel Good Factor
» Being a teenager
» Looking after yourself
» Knowing yourself: the right choice
» Selling yourself
» The world of work
» Being part of our society
» Business and environment
» Being safe
» Your views are important
Possible school projects
- Community enhancement projects, where students create a plan to improve an
environment, campaign about litter or rubbish or raise recycling awareness
- Involvement in local government, where students campaign about specific local issues, for
youth facilities or take action relating to local planning or development issues
- Global awareness, where students become involved with an aid agency such as Oxfam,
arrange a theme day or twin with other schools in other countries
- Human rights, where students become involved with an organised group such as Amnesty
International and investigate specific human rights cases or organise a campaign of protest
- Democratic involvement, where students set up a school council, form, or take part in a
Youth Parliament or organise a petition/letter- writing campaign
- Animal Rights, where students investigate testing on animals and the work of groups such
as the RSPCA, FRAME (Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments) or
Compassion In World Farming.
The resources have been developed by educational specialists, with funding
from the CTPA.